Statements by An Individual Targeted by Stephen Gianelli

Daniel J. Meade


March 24, 2017


To Whom It May Concern:

I am a long term friend and confidant of Ms. Kelley Lynch who currently resides in Los Angeles.  She and I have known each other since 1978 and remain extremely close friends.  For a period of time in her 20s, Ms. Lynch volunteered as my administrative assistant.  At that time, I served as Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche’s Ambassador and representative to the Philadelphia Dharmadhatu, a subsidiary of Vajradhatu Buddhist church based in Boulder Colorado.

I would like to make some comments, statements, and observations about Stephen Gianelli, a lawyer from Northern California, and his communications about and to Ms. Kelley Lynch.

First of all I must say that there is no fiduciary relationship between Ms. Lynch and myself in regards to this communiqué. My motivation is purely an attempt to provide some needed commentary about Mr. Gianelli and his reprehensible conduct towards Ms. Lynch.

Secondly, I think it is pertinent and germane to say a few things about my back ground. I have been a practising Buddhist for about fifty years in the Zen and Tibetan traditions. In this context, I have spent many years in formal practise environments included approximately two years which were devoted to solitary retreat. I did my undergraduate studies in Buddhist studies in conjunction with formal Buddhist academic studies with several well known and respected Buddhist Masters. In my early twenties I was designated as Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche’s personal representative, senior teacher, and spokesman.  Rinpoche was the foremost proponent of Tibetan Buddhism in the west. Subsequently, I have given thousands of presentations on the Buddhist Path all over North America

I believe it is a well known and acknowledged fact that the practise of Buddhism is based on developing loving kindness and empathy towards oneself and others and all that entails. Its adherents strive to be ethical, moral and decent towards all fellow beings on this world.
As I have been in more or less continuous communication with Ms. Lynch over the years I am well aware of the difficulties she has experienced with her relationship, which was primarily a business relationship, with Mr. Leonard Cohen. I’m sure that situation has been difficult and rather painful for all parties but particularly so for Kelley and her two sons, Rutger and Ray.

Some time ago Kelley shared with me email communications that she had received from Stephen Gianelli who apparently continues to harass her and, at times, those communications are sent from what appear to be email accounts created in fake names. 

For some unknown reason, after providing Kelley with a declaration for use in a matter before Los Angeles Superior Court, Gianelli began sending me very peculiar and disturbing email communications.  He slandered Kelley horrendously, attacked my character, appeared intent upon turning me against Kelley, and blatantly argued Leonard Cohen’s legal and business interests. The obvious question to me is why he would spend the time formulating these communications? In one of his communications to me (if one could call that communication in this era of alternative facts) he disparaged me for stating my opinion about Leonard Cohen based on a phone conversation that he and I had a number of years ago.  I did indeed have a brief chat with Cohen while visiting Kelley in Los Angeles.  A humorous remark on my part led to Leonard Cohen hanging up on me.  Cohen followed up on this call by sending Kelley a vicious letter where he went ballistic on her.  He was obviously jealous and my flippant attitude bothered him.  I had been a fan of his music and poetry since my early teens.  I was disturbed and depressed by how petty and immature his attack on Kelley was.  It had nothing whatsoever to do with business and appeared to be solely related to my visit and the fact that I answered her phone.  I had heard from other sources about Cohen’s egomania but was shocked to experience it personally.  I recounted this incident in my declaration and was attacked by Stephen Gianelli over my personal views.   

It is my opinion that Stephen Gianelli’s motivation may very well involve a fiduciary relationship with Mr. Cohen and possibly his present lawyers and/or representatives of his estate.  It begs the question:  “Why else?” 

In my professional experience (money making),  which has primarily been that of a General Contractor in the Building Sector, I have had quite a bit of experience consulting and dealing with lawyers, solicitors and barristers in Canada, the U.S. and England. I also have a number of friends who work in the judiciary profession. In all my experience, I have never seen anything as appalling, depraved and humanly indecent as Stephen Gianelli’s communications.  It is my understanding that he has spent approximately eight years harassing Kelley, terrorizing her sons and family members, and is also harassing her roommate, Paulette Brandt. 

I am not so naïve as to be unaware of the sometimes necessary tactic of been ‘tough’ so to speak with adversaries but Gianelli’s communications reached the lowest bar of decency that I have ever witnessed.  It is my understanding that there was or is some form of professional ethical standards in the legal field but Stephen Gianelli has obviously chosen to ignore those standards.  From my perspective, he is either just a plain old crook of some sort or mentally disturbed to the point where he should be disbarred or at least severely reprimanded.  Does being a good lawyer constitute, in his mind, the use of conscious lying and venomous slander as a day to day professional tool?  Gianelli’s conduct is reminiscent of Joseph McCarthy’s  last hearing before the U.S. Congress in 1954 when he was asked “Have you no decency?”

In my opinion, Stephen Gianelli is guilty of being both a criminal and psychopath who needs psychiatric help of some sort and should be disbarred for the benefit of himself and others.  I cannot believe this man can look himself in a mirror and be proud of what he does for a living.  It is a pity on his family and friends, if he has any. I’d be interested to see how they would deal with the noxious communications from this very disturbed human being.  These communications were clearly intended to defend Leonard Cohen while attacking Ms. Lynch and those who support and care for her.

Thank you for taking the time to read my thoughts on this situation.  I understand Gianelli’s harassing communications are, to some extent, being used to prosecute Kelley for violating a fraudulent domestic violence order obtained by now deceased singer, Leonard Cohen.  I can attest to the fact that, throughout the entire time I have known Ms. Lynch, it was never my understanding that she and Leonard Cohen were in a “dating” relationship.  In fact, it was and remains my understanding that Ms. Lynch was the victim of sexual harassment and other unprofessional conduct on the part of Leonard Cohen.  I addressed this more specifically in my declaration which I have attached hereto.  Ms. Lynch and I, on the other hand, were indeed in an intimate relationship over the years.  It seems quite peculiar that Leonard Cohen would go to such extremes to handle what was clearly a business dispute.  It may very well be the case that certain parties are merely impressed by his celebrity status and ability to employ the services of individuals such as Stephen Gianelli. 

I feel ethically and morally obliged to communicate my observations about Stephen Gianelli to the public at large.  He is a danger to any society where he lives or does business. 

Very truly yours,


Daniel J. Meade


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Stalker Known As Stephen Gianelli, A Proxy Operative for Leonard Cohen & His Legal Team, Descends on Truth Sentinel to Publicly Attack, Slander, Elicit Information & Defend the Legal Interests of Cohen & His Representatives

Declaration of Corey Banks

Kelley Lynch Responds to Stephen Gianelli's Defense & Leonard Cohen's, Robert Kory's & Michelle Rice's Blatant Retaliation, Pursuit of Sham Proceedings, & Cover Your Ass Operation