Declaration of Corey Banks


DECLARATION OF COREY BANKS

I COREY BANKS declare:
1.                I am a citizen of the United States who currently resides in Los Angeles, California.   I am
over the age of 18 years.  I have personal knowledge of the facts contained in this declaration and if called upon to testify I could and would testify competently as to the truth of the facts stated herein.
2.                I am a friend and business associate of Kelley Ann Lynch.  I understand how she
operates in a business environment, what she is like socially, and view her as family.  Ms. Lynch is someone I care deeply for.  She is the utmost professional. 
3.                At some point, Kelley and I were discussing the entertainment industry.  I
approached her and asked if she would work as my personal manager.  I am a rap artist who formerly had a record label deal with Columbia Records.  I am currently working on a new album that I plan to release on April 9, 2019.  As personal managers do not handle publishing administration, I also asked Kelley if she would assist me in matters related to my own publishing and my parents’ musical catalogue.  Kelley now serves as my personal manager, publishing administrator, and we are working on other projects together as well.  She initially suggested one individual in the music industry for us to initiate dialogues with regarding these projects.  As I am also interested in a P&D deal, Kelley is assisting me with that as well.
4.                 As I grew to know Kelley, it became obvious that she is an intelligent business woman,
has extensive knowledge of the entertainment industry, and actually cares about my work and that of my family’s.  Due to our conversations, I became aware of the fact that she knew Phil Spector, was a long term friend of his, once worked for him, and was concerned about his imprisonment and welfare.  She shed light on his case that I was completely unaware of.  I immediately questioned his prosecution and conviction.  I explained that my parents, Larry Banks and Joan “Jaibi” Banks  – both entertainers, musicians, and/or songwriters – also knew Phil Spector.  I was unaware of who Leonard Cohen was although Kelley discussed him with me.
5.                After hearing about some of the issues related to Kelley, Phil Spector’s case, and Leonard
Cohen, I began searching for information online.  I was curious about the Spector case due to the fact that he and my parents came out of the same generation, had tremendous influence on the music in the 60s, my father’s song “Go Now” (recorded by my stepmother Bessie Banks) was one of the songs (when covered by the Moody Blues) that led to the British Invasion, and Phil Spector is an inconceivable and legendary record producer who has worked with Ike & Tina Turner, the Beatles, John Lennon, and many great artists.  His work had a profound influence on the African American community and music.  I am still not familiar with Leonard Cohen’s musical work but understand he performed and wrote “Hallelujah.” 
6.                I located a variety of blogs and websites related to Kelley, Phil Spector, and Leonard
Cohen.  Some of the blogs and websites I came across were the riverdeepbook.blogspot.com blog, Truth Sentinel (where interviews appear about both Leonard Cohen and Phil Spector featuring Kelley and others), and the Kelley Lynch Fact Check Blog that appeared to be written by professional lawyers interested in defending Leonard Cohen and destroying Kelley.  I continually noticed comments by or references to an individual by the name of Stephen Gianelli.  I therefore decided to write him.  It was my initial impression that he knew Kelley personally and was part of Leonard Cohen’s legal team.
7.                On May 12, 2018, I took it upon myself to send an inquiry about Kelley to Stephen
Gianelli.  I was curious to find out what he personally knew about her and how he obtained his information.  I explained to Gianelli that I saw information he posted on Truth Sentinel You Tube (Cohen/Spector interviews) about Kelley Lynch, that I had recently met her, and she seemed like a good person.  Kelley and I actually met in February 2018 and have spent considerable time together.  We see one another on a daily basis, socialize together weekly, have mutual friends, and I feel I can say that I have a great appreciation of who she is on a personal and professional level.  I have also witnessed her in numerous proceedings before LA Superior Court.  Gianelli’s posts did make me question whether or not Kelley was simply a “good con artist.”  I can unequivocally state that she is not.  Kelley is genuine, straightforward, direct, and fiercely loyal.  I explained to Gianelli that my parents were out of the Spector era, knew Phil personally, and that’s how Kelley and I connected.  I also informed Gianelli that I found his email address on the riverdeepbook.blogspot.com site although, as I explained, I wasn’t clear whose site that was. 
8.                On May 12, 2018, I received responses from Stephen Gianelli.  I would ultimately receive
countless emails from him until I demanded that he stop harassing me.  On May 12, 2018, I responded to Gianelli, explained that the information he provided was informative, and then shared his emails with Kelley.  She explained the situation to me and I believe her completely and wholeheartedly.  She has nothing but my utmost respect particularly after what she has endured.  I attach hereto some of the absolutely libelous emails Stephen Gianelli sent me in an attempt to discredit Kelley and destroy her.  One’s reputation is the basis of a personal entertainment industry manager’s business and career.  It is my understanding that Stephen Gianelli does not know Kelley at all, has never met her, and has spent years terrorizing her, members of her family, friends, and witnesses who submit declarations to courts of law about Kelley or people who support and love her.  In summary, Gianelli seemed bitter.  He was purposefully trying to destroy Kelley.  He went way beyond anything I asked and referred me to people (references), such as attorney Leslie Zigel, who Kelley has never worked with.  Gianelli wanted to blame and attack Kelley rather than answer a question.  He kept sending emails I didn’t ask for.  I couldn’t have picked a better person to do business with.  Kelley is the individual who encouraged me to resume my career as an artist.  When we initially spoke, I was simply considering releasing my old masters.  Exhibit A:  Libelous Emails Corey Banks received from Stephen Gianelli, attached hereto and made a part hereof.
9.                I’d like to provide my impressions, as a non-participant, of the Los Angeles Superior
Court proceedings in this case.  It looked or seemed entirely biased and prejudicial against Kelley.  There was more focus given the prosecutors being able to voice their case.  When Kelley attempted to do the same, she was shunned.  When she asked a simple question, such as “a public defender?,” she was shut down.  I have experience with court proceedings and this was overwhelmingly apparent.  From my point of view, Kelley was not disrespectful during the proceedings.  She wasn’t permitted to object throughout the proceedings or do anything else for that matter.
10.            The prosecutor’s bias and prejudice towards Kelley was disturbing.  He doesn’t appear
to care about justice at all.  The prosecutor seemed more interested in going on vacation.  His objection to her request for a continuance, due to the need to have a new investigator appointed, was that he had vacation plans.  The prosecutor was arrogant, cold towards Kelley, and clearly just wants a conviction regardless of the facts or truth of the case.  Kelley cannot get a word in edgewise while the prosecutor rambles on and on.  He also knows that this is a high profile case with high profile celebrities involved as well and prosecutors are known to advance their own careers with high profile cases.  After being forced by the Court to meet in the attorney room with the prosecution, Kelley explained to me that he was aggressive, unhinged, flipped out, and a bully.  I understand that Kelley’s former prosecutor, in a related case, made her way into the newspaper by prosecuting Tupac Shakur and then Kelley on behalf of Leonard Cohen.  Both cases involve domestic violence although Kelley was Leonard Cohen’s personal manager, publishing administrator and so forth, and they never dated.  It seems as though LA Superior Court simply assigned Kelley a dating relationship with Leonard Cohen.  I have heard details of Cohen’s sexual harassment, sexual assault, indecent exposure, and masturbating in front of Kelley.  It is reprehensible conduct.  It reminds me of Harvey Weinstein who is being prosecuted in NY and investigated in LA.  It seems as though certain government entities are protecting Leonard Cohen.  I am aware that, in Kelley’s prior prosecution, Cohen testified against Phil Spector. 
11.            I thought Kelley did an excellent job in court, appeared intelligent, was analytical, and
professional.  I personally couldn’t have done it.  I couldn’t handle the basic research she has done, written the legal documents, let alone handled the proceedings themselves particularly as they appear to victimize her.  Kelley has continuously advised me that she does not want to speak directly to the Court and/or prosecutor and I appreciate and understand her point of view. 
12.            I would also like to state that I saw Kelley leave court at one of the recent hearings.  The
prosecutor attempted to obstruct her path and she was forced to step aside.  I believe he wants her to look bad and provoke her so he can go on vacation.  It also doesn’t appear that the prosecution actually has a case.  They appear to be making the case up and obviously want to pressure her into copping out. 
13.            I was present in court when Ms. Lynch was appointed back-up counsel without a simple
explanation of who he was, why he was specifically appointed, or where he worked.  Kelley asked “A public defender?” and the response from the Court was to shun her.  Kelley shared her communications with the back up counsel with me.  He was unable to respond to her for approximately two weeks.  When he finally did, it was obvious he didn’t bother to read her emails and explained that he had no experience with state court proceedings.  Kelley therefore asked him to withdraw as this case is being heard in state court.  Kelley has continually expressed her disbelief at the public defenders’ handling of her case, the false or confused information transmitted to jurors, and her concern about any affiliation with them in this case and their potential negative influence in federal tax matters she is dealing with and federal lawsuits she intends to pursue. 
14.            It seems like Kelley is actually being targeted over Phil Spector.  He is no doubt still
privately fighting his conviction.  Kelley is publicly drawing attention to the case.  I have witnessed people who thought he was guilty (primarily through press accounts) question his prosecution and conviction.  Cohen’s testimony about Phil Spector and a gun is a more likely reason for the targeting of Kelley.  It seems dubious that federal tax matters, including the need for tax forms and returns, would capture the attention of prosecutors, law enforcement, and/or judges.  I understand that Leonard Cohen has at least three contradictory versions of his gun story about Phil Spector before LA Superior Court.  It is my understanding that Kelley has requested discovery from the prosecution about Cohen’s potential role as an informant in the Spector case and any quid pro quo he may have entered into with respect to his personal wrongdoings. 
15.            I would like to express my personal opinion that I cannot even imagine Leonard Cohen
being someone Kelley was remotely attracted to in a romantic and/or sexual manner. 
16.            Kelley Lynch does not have any mental incompetence issues.  She is an extremely
competent individual.  She does not do drugs and does not even touch marijuana.  I have frequently, together with our social crowd, had drinks with Kelley.  She has a couple of drinks, usually wine or a marguerita, and leaves.  It is all very casual and enjoyable.  When I heard about these types of allegations and the “mental incompetence proceedings,” I immediately thought “It has to do with Spector because it goes to her credibility and she is the main person attempting to vindicate Phil Spector.”  This remains my thinking on this matter.
17.            I would also like to note that these proceedings are interfering with Kelley’s ability to do
her job efficiently and fully.  She has been forced to miss work, is frequently unable to meet certain requirements of our office, and has been given warnings throughout these proceedings about her job performance.  These proceedings are the cause of that.


I declare under penalty of perjury under the laws of the State of California that the foregoing is true and correct.
Executed on September 21, 2018

                                                            ____________________________________
                                                            COREY BANKS


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Statements by An Individual Targeted by Stephen Gianelli

The Stalker Known As Stephen Gianelli, A Proxy Operative for Leonard Cohen & His Legal Team, Descends on Truth Sentinel to Publicly Attack, Slander, Elicit Information & Defend the Legal Interests of Cohen & His Representatives

Kelley Lynch Responds to Stephen Gianelli's Defense & Leonard Cohen's, Robert Kory's & Michelle Rice's Blatant Retaliation, Pursuit of Sham Proceedings, & Cover Your Ass Operation